Platform Scheme - Mar 2014
A client required three fixed loading bays for their new premises.
We provided schemes each consisting of a ramp, platform, electro hydraulic dock leveller, roller shutter door and dock shelters to allow trailers to be (un)loaded without the need for costly/time consuming civil works.
The schemes are simply bolted in place and can easily be moved to an alternative location if required in future.
Each systems consisted of:
- Deluxe Type 6 Access Ramp - This had a solid treadplate decking rather than our standard expanded metal to allow access using powered pallet trucks.
- Expoxy/grit (Bimagrip) antislip surface to all upper surface to maximise traction and safety.
- Modular platform to give a 3750x2500mm overall platform size.
- Telescopic lip electro hydraulic dock leveller - 2m x 2.5m.
- Access steps and a side platform to allow safe access to operate the leveller and access to the vehicles.
- Roller shutter door 2750x3200mm including vision panel.
- Collapsible dock shelter to minimise weather ingress.
- LED traffic lights
- Integrated control panels to operate the leveller, door and traffic lights.
- Below ground wheel guides to ensure correct vehicle positioning
The system is rated at 6000Kg.
The image above shows the location prior to the creation of door openings by a local builder.
The builder then added structural steelwork to support the doors and dock shelters prior to our installation team arriving.
View from inside
The above image shows the loading dock from the outside.
Final cladding was added around the platforms/shelters to seal the building.
Rendered images were provided prior to manufacture to allow the client to see the proposal in detail.