L/W Access Ramp - Feb 2012
A client required a ramp to allow access for wheeled equipment to a raised step 380mm High.
The ramp specification was as follows.
- Minimum Usable width of 1000mm
- Maximum overall width of 2350mm
- To comply to BS EN 349:1993 "Minimum gaps to avoid crushing of parts of the human body"
- Aluminium construction where possible
- 1000Kg Capacity
- To be mobile and light enough to be moved by 2 people
- 7 Degree Max Incline
- To have a maximum length when folded of 1260mm for storage and access through narrow corridors
- Handrails to both sides
The ramp was fitted with 4 x Jockey wheels to allow easy movement/positioning
Detailed drawings and rendered images were sent to the client for approval prior to manufacture
Detailed drawings were produced to ensure the ramp was manufactured exactly as the clients requirements